Thursday, November 10, 2005

Yao makes me feel small

If you've ever wondered just how tall Yao Ming is, I think I can explain it to you. You know those green Gatorade bottles that you see on the sidelines at NBA and NFL games? I have one of them that I use to water my plant. [You can order them directly from Gatorade in packs of four for about $10, including shipping.] Anyway, I know how big it is. And tonight, after Yao picked up his traditional second foul of the game before reaching the first TV timeout, he sat down on the bench and was handed one of these Gatorade bottles.

It looked like a normal person holding a salt shaker.

Yao is 7'6", which means he probably sleeps sideways on a king-size bed because he has to, rather than for the novelty of it.

Yao is so tall that ESPN is now televising Rockets games in "expanded widescreen format" -- 16:12.

Yao is so tall that he was born on September 12th and 13th.

Yeah, that's a good one to go out on.

No comments: