Friday, November 25, 2005

Bring back symbolic dreams

My high school reunion is tonight. Naturally, then, last night I dreamed about...being at my high school reunion. Sure, it had the usual dream elements -- my Indian friend looked surprisingly like Katsumoto from The Last Samurai, for example -- but aren't dreams supposed to be more symbolic than this? If I'm anxious about seeing people I haven't seen in ten years, shouldn't I dream about being parked under a 9th-inning pop-up that is taking forever to drop out of the sky? If I'm nervous about what I'm going to say in the 15 seconds that I talk to people I wasn't friends with in high school, shouldn't I dream about going to a job fair? I guess I should be happy, at least, that I didn't dream about being at my reunion and suddenly discovering I was naked.

Hey, maybe that is what I should wear.

No comments: