Saturday, December 13, 2008

The 12 Days Of Christmas Memories

Each day between now and Christmas, I'll offer up some of my favorite memories from Christmases past with my parents, my brothers Ben and Teddy, my sister Allison, and recently Teddy's wife Tiffany. My siblings will help me out a bit, my hazy recollection will hinder me a bit, and somehow I'll embroider it all together. I'll strive to be somewhat poignant, somewhat funny, and somewhat concise, which should ensure that I achieve none of those three.

I think I'm writing this for my parents but not to my parents; I need to pretend my reader doesn't already know these stories, because otherwise it would feel like my parents are staring at me the whole time. Also, I'm totally going to link to this from Facebook.

These stories are in no particular order, except that on the first days I'll probably write the ones that seem the easiest to write. Feel free to heckle me as I go.

--------
Day 1: It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Legos
Day 2: Come On Down
Day 3: No F---ing S---, Lady
Day 4: Music Makes The People Come Together
Day 5: I...Love...Crêpes
Day 6: 'Tis Better To Give
Day 7: You Will Eat Way Too Much Food...In Bed
Day 8: Whose Turn Is It?
Day 9: Early To Bed And Early To Rise
Day 10: While You Were Sleeping
Day 11: The Snapparellas
Day 12: The Most Ridiculous Thing I've Ever Done
In Closing: Fah Who For-aze, Dah Who Dor-aze
--------

No comments: