Friday, December 09, 2005

To do list...

Things to do in the near future:

  1. Put up links to this blog's archives. You know, for all my readers. Which leads me to wonder, in today's increasingly virtual world, do people invent imaginary online friends?
  2. See that someone gets jail time for the thousand messages my spam mailbox has received in the past 24 hours for "The Bouncer."
  3. Find the web's best-formatted single-page listing of all World Cup matches (this will have to do until the Sun-Times devotes a full page to it next summer), print it out, and thumb-tack it to my cubicle at work. Right next to my inspired diagram for Feature Group traffic. Ah, Microsoft Visio...it is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up...I mean, finding out if your company has a corporate license. But after spending an hour in 2002 fruitlessly trying to put my own spreadsheet together -- unfortunately, even conditional formatting has its limits -- I'm willing to let sports websites do the work for me this time around.
  4. Decide whether I should stop listening to the latest Jamiroquai album before I feel the need to officially declare "Starchild" my current favorite song, which would pretty much guarantee that I'd stop liking it within the next month. From another perspective, though, it could be my fourth favorite song on the album -- like an ACC team that finishes way back in conference, but everyone knows they still have a shot to win the national title -- so I should be in the clear.
  5. Go see Aeon Flux before I get talked out of it by the reviews I haven't read. [And yet somehow I know what they say. Damn news website leads.]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a real reader, I would enjoy having a link to the archives. I find that finals season is an excellent time to catch up on my pleasure reading and anything that I might have missed.

I would recommend Aeon Flux. I never saw the original show except when I was trying to watch Beavis and Butthead so I have no idea if it's true to the story. Either way, it was entertaining.